The EuChemS-DAC Sample Preparation Study Group and Network supports the Special Issue to appear in Foods (MDPI), entitled:
Recent Advances in Extraction and Analysis of Food Carbohydrates
with Guest Editors our Members:
Ana Cristina Soria and María Luz Sanz Editors]
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 10th September 2021
Carbohydrates are one of the main food constituents, which are either naturally present or added as ingredients to improve the technological or bioactive properties of foods. As ingredients, they can be synthesized by enzymatic or chemical reactions or extracted from natural sources. In this sense, there is a great interest in the development of new methodologies, based on advanced techniques and fulfilling the principles of green chemistry, to provide an improved extraction of target carbohydrates. Moreover, the complex composition of carbohydrate-rich extracts usually makes of chromatographic techniques coupled to mass spectrometry the tool of choice for their analysis due to its high resolution and identification power.
In this Special Issue, the most recent advances, either as original research articles or reviews, in the development and application of new strategies for the extraction and analysis of food carbohydrates will be addressed.
• Carbohydrates (oligosaccharides, polysaccharides, inositols, iminosugars, etc)
• Advanced extraction techniques (Microwave assisted extraction, Pressurized liquid extraction, Ultrasound assisted extraction, etc)
• Alternative solvents (Ionic liquids, (Natural) Deep eutectic solvents, etc)
• New derivatization procedures
• Fractionation methodologies
• Gas chromatography-mass spectrometry
• High performance liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry
• Ion mobility spectrometry-based chromatographic techniques.
Author guidelines: https://www.mdpi.com/journal/foods/instructions